What you should know:
– Color Health acquires Lift the mood, a leading group mental health company and launches a new behavioral health product. The new solution will expand access to mental health care for organizations that address public issues and population health.
– Mood Lifters uses an evidence-based treatment paradigm developed by Dr. Patricia Deldin and Dr. Cecilia Votta of the University of Michigan. Basically, the groups are led by participants who have taken the course themselves, allowing for a sustainable source of new coaches at significantly lower costs than individual teletherapy.
Closing the gaps in mental health care
More than 50% of people who need mental health care do not receive it, and the median time between the onset of a patient’s symptoms and their first treatment is now 11 years. These gaps in care are created and exacerbated by a shortage of skilled providers and challenges of access, including cost and logistical issues.
Color’s behavioral health solution creates rapid access to behavioral health screening and counseling, integrates access points of care and resources directly into neighborhoods and community spaces, is networked with major Medicaid plans and Medicare in all 50 states and provides multilingual and culturally appropriate care.
The solution is specifically designed to support organizations such as public health departments and schools, by:
– Enable more effective screening: This flexible solution integrates with other screenings, including community sites, and allows organizations to catalog, manage and continuously update local and community resources, as well as connect individuals to these resources for needs. more acute or additional care.
– Provide high availability access to clinicians, therapists and coaches: Color’s network approach enables access to community tools and escalation of acute needs within 48 hours. The network of community sites and partners – including coaches, therapists and licensed psychiatrists – is designed to adapt and adapt to the needs of each community.
– Use a group-based approach to mental health: Color provides a peer-based, cost-effective, community-driven mental health model based on Mood Lifters’ clinically validated platform. This non-clinical support for people of all ages has been scientifically shown to improve anxiety and depressive symptoms, including an almost 50% reduction in symptoms in participants with moderate to severe anxiety and depression.
– Priority to sustainability: Color provides insurance billing infrastructure for enrollment and credential providers (including state health insurance and Medicaid plans), billing management, and support large programs that increase effective capacity.
– Building for public health and underserved populations: Color’s solution can integrate with existing community resources, is HIPAA compliant, supports multiple languages and is accessible online and offline, and integrates clinical and non-clinical networks representing diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds. With community outreach and support, organizations can quickly set up community sites in schools, libraries, post offices and other community spaces.