| | | | |
- Iopamidol-370, Isovue-300, Isovue-370.
Iopamidol is in a group of drugs called radiopaque contrast agents. The doses of iopamidol agents will be different for different patients and depend on the type of test. Iopamidol contains iodine, a substance that absorbs x-rays. Radiopaque contrast agents are used to allow blood vessels, organs, and other non-bony tissues to be seen more clearly on a ct scan or other radiologic examination. Iopamidol is used to help diagnose certain disorders of the heart, brain, blood vessels, and nervous system. Iopamidol is given as an injection through a needle placed into the space around your spinal cord. You will receive this injection in a clinic or hospital setting during your radiologic test. After receiving iopamidol you will be required to lie as still as possible and keep your head raised above the level of your spine during the test.
- The doses of iopamidol agents will be different for different patients and depend on the type of test.
Side Effects of Iopamidol
- An unusual feeling of pain or warmth.
- Change in vision.
- Decrease or increase in the amount of urine.
- Fast or irregular heart beat.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Swelling of your lips or face.
- Tightness in chest.
Warnings and precautions before taking Iopamidol
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to iopamidol, to products containing iopamidol (for example, iodine-containing foods such as seafood, cabbage, turnips, or iodized salt), or to any radiopaque agent.
- Children, especially those with other medical problems, may be especially sensitive to the effects of radiopaque agents. This may increase the chance of side effects.
- Drink extra fluids before and after you receive iopamidol. This medication can cause you to get dehydrated, which can lead to dangerous effects on your kidneys.
- Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
- Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have received too much of this medicine.
- Symptoms of an iopamidol overdose may include seizure (convulsions).
Disclaimer : All information on www.healthatoz.info is for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, please consult your doctor.